Friday, September 28, 2007

We can't go all of September without any conversation

So how is the training going? I know that Shelby has run a 32-minute 5k and that Tigger has a regular running partner and has been running 3-4 times per week. I haven't had so much success, but I hope that you have. Chris's brother, Ben, may run Houston with us as well. I welcome that on almost every account... but I don't know if he can be a member of the Centenary Track Club.

The Centenary Track Club, by the way, is a very real fictitious organization chartered by JLowe, Jacknut, and myself in the late 1990s. A private and elite organization we have been but we have decided that anyone embarking on such a mission as the Houston marathon who completes the marathon is more than qualified for membership into our esteemed club. Even better, we think that if you set a reasonable intermediate training goal (you should have several intermediate training goals that are within your reach, yet force you to push yourself in training, to keep you striving towards your final goal) then the Centenary Track Club will reward you with an honorary Centenary Track Club t-shirt.

I hope that your training is going well or at least getting on course. If not, I hope that a free gift from such an elite and esteemed institution will serve as appropriate motivation for your running week.

So, how is the training going, and what sort of training goals have you set for yourself?

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Oh, yeah. Ya'll better be scared! I am a runnin wo-man!!! I have got a neighbor watching the kids after school/work on a regular basis- unless the kids or I am sick or I decide to slice my thumb off- but I am training on a regular schedule. "Centenary Track Club"? Why isn't my aerodynamic, speedy-without-pushing-stroller husband not a part of that? Ooooh, I'm going to get into that club before he does... hee, hee, hee. So ya'll better get training because there is only 14 months left! (Is anyone doing the countdown?)