Monday, August 6, 2007

M-Strange Ain't Hot, Jacknut Ain't Hot...

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T KNOW THESE GUYS. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO AL DAHFRA. I AM NOT NOW, NOR WILL I EVER BE, A PILOT.

I got sent this video today at work, and it is an amazingly accurate portrayal of deployed Air Force life. I think they made this in the middle of winter (based on the temp they give in the video), but I thought I would post it here just in case anyone was having trouble running in the heat. Plus, it's hilarious.

If you don't know what some of the lines or acronyms mean, just ask and I'll explain. Also, be sure to check out the original version if you don't know it.

Oh, one last thing. Sorry for the video quality, but I think it's good enough to get the point.

7 comments:

Micah said...

I was hot today. Tell all your buddies stationed in Darfur, or wherever it is, that Shreveport isn't such a nice place between May and October. 102 was the heat index yesterday as I threw away box after box at the recycling center around 3:30pm. I was waiting for the earth to say thank you, but I think it was in the shade.

jlowe said...

Keep talking.

jlowe said...

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/airportprofile/DXB?from=search_vert

jlowe said...

So one day you'll have to show me how to make that a link.

Micah said...

maybe this is what you were looking for? 103, geez...

Micah said...

or this

Don Dinnerville said...

pretty funny. but am i the only one thoroughly freaked out at the idea of a port-o-john in that kind of heat? i mean, those things are disgusting enough without walking into it in sweltering heat!

by the way - i think dallas' heat index for today was supposed to be 107. and we're just now FINALLY getting to the normal 100+ days of summer. what a great summer it was until yesterday. :-)