Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mrs. Denisons v Mrs. Stranges

Okay, okay. I'm in.

Mrs. Denison challenged me, on behalf of the Mrs. Denisons and women everywhere. So how could I say no? The only reasonable thing to do was to say okay and go buy a jogging stroller. Which is what we did. And then we used said stroller despite Noel's general dissatisfaction with it to embark on a walk/jog through the blazing neighborhood.

It's hot here, ladies.

But not as hot as it's going to feel when the Mrs. Stranges squash the Mrs. Denisons at Houston 2009.

6 comments:

jlowe said...

That is awesome!

So what are the teams now?

Micah said...

well, if the teams Jen proposes stand it will be

The Mrs Denisons
Micah, Scott, Shelby, Wes

The Mrs Stranges
Chris, Jason, Jen, Tigger

Though we have plenty of time to pick up more entrants and these teams are subject to change, it looks like guaranteed poppies that Scott and I are eating steak after the race.

jlowe said...

What if we have a draft with Mrs. Strange and Mrs. Denison as team captains?

We can even use the beer mile as a combine and the wedding weekend as the draft party. This way our esteemed captains can make more informed decisions (taking into account things like Micah's hubris and the effect of jetlag on Jackson) as well as allow for others to join.

Plus, it gives me the opportunity to hire Know-El as my agent. I believe his youthful perspective and insider knowledge will result in a higher draft position and considerably more profitable marketing opportunities.

Micah said...

know-el may be as good a running agent as his father is castle risk strategy advisor. currently know-el's skills include sticking his hand (actually wrist) into his mouth and moving it up and down to alter the sound he produces.

jlowe said...

Already he's taking your attention away from training. now that's working for me.

Well done, Know-El.

Shelby said...

Yea Jen! I would be honored to accept the title and position of "team captain" because of my vigorous, regular, steady trainings to become "the best of the best of the best, sir!" My team will be awesome!