Monday, January 14, 2008

"I am not a role model." - Charles Barkley

Wouldn't it be cool if I had something seemingly worthwhile to put into this post? Sadly, I don't. I'm pretty boring these days. Now that college football and fantasy football are over, I can truly think of no real reason to sit around on the weekend doing nothing active. Hence, I will return to running. Here's some perspective on how lazy I got. After recently taking an Air Force fitness test using the famed "Sportscenter Preparation Method" that once earned me a B on either an Organic Chem or Genetics test, I ran the mile and a half in 14:52. That's right, folks: 14 minutes, 52 seconds.

So, here's the deal. I'm actually going to use this blog, and I will actually run. Since I have discovered that I do best when training for an event, my next event will be the OKC Memorial Marathon Relay on April 25, 2008. You are all invited to read along with my misery and offer smug comments, or jibberish if you're Jackson (who at this point is the only one that might actually read this before I run in April.)

Jackson, I still dream of Antarctica.

Much love to the gauchos,
jlowe

No comments: