Saturday, January 26, 2008

51 Weeks Left

To race day. (Not counting that extra day for leap year.) I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. I feel pretty confident about my chances to continue training through at least the OKC marathon relay at the end of April. I will be absolutely ecstatic if I can use that as a springboard to maintaining or even increasing my fitness level until marathon training time.

I figure that I will make the 12 runs in January goal (which I completely stole from Jackson.) I've also been playing soccer in a weekend league, but I haven't really counted any of the games because the fitness is just different. I suppose I should since I can't run very well in those games after 20 minutes in much the same way that particular amount of elapsed time represents the metaphorical wall in my training runs.

Anyway, assuming I finish out January as scheduled, here is my goal for Black History Month: run every other day.

MStrange, thanks for keeping the blog alive. Jackson, same to you. Here's a little something to help keep everything in perspective. What a great approach to racing. I just hope I can run that far sometime in the near future.

No comments: